I'm Eelin', He's Pickled

The K-Man threw his hat into the pickling ring while I was at work Monday night. He used the Excelsior Farmer's Market and Fresh Connect KC cukes and mixed in some dill pickling spice and canned the final product. It's supposed to pickle for a good 4-6 weeks for maximum tastiness. It's a tad torturous to wait that long....I'll be surprised if we do. They're lookin' beauteous though. I'll post about canning again at a later date when I'm present for the process.

Some colleagues of mine had extolled the virtues of the Eel Rolls at Hissho Sushi, so I decided to give it a whirl. The sushi is topped off with an eel sauce of soy beans, rice wine and sake. I totally dig this sushi. In fact, I was so enamored of them I searched for an online tribute to eels when I realized I'd known about one for awhile. My co-worker Drew enlightened me to the irreverent wonder of the BBC show the Mighty Boosh. These wickedly hilarious gents do some seriously off-the-wall stuff. For me and some of my cohorts, it's like an adult throwback to the psychedelic Sid and Marty Krofft days. One in particular that Drew showed me on his spankin' new iPhone was a skit called "Old Gregg". It has to be seen to be believed and it involves drinking Bailey's from a shoe. This clip, not from Old Gregg but another example of the madness of Mighty Boosh, is all about the eels...

Comments

  1. Eels. Eels. Eels. Give it up now! Dear God, I'm still dizzy from that video clip. I must say you have an "interesting" collection of cohorts. BUT, I loves me some eel sushi. It's my favorite!! Bring me a jar of pickles when you come home. See you in a few weeks when we will go eat Sushi and Thai food and Hillbilly Hotdogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, we will feast....and sing the Eels song while we do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'm Ole Greg. Look into my mangina." We need to do Moonlight Sushi in Liberty soon. They have great eel rolls, but my favorites are the Moonlight roll that has wasabi tempora battered asparagus and the Hawaiian roll that has macadamia nuts. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wasabi Tempura Battered Asparagus.....you do know the way to my heart, don't you Kitten?

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Channon will tell you I love both the Eels songs that The Hitcher sings.

    I'll often bust out singing it at wholly inappropriate times.

    "boring through your mind, through your tummy, through your anus, EELS..."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts