Beauty In The Eye of This Beholder

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and many might think my eye for beauty is on the blink, but this is the beauty that catches my eye:

 Hello, gorgeous.

These are grilled oysters made on the veranda overlooking the outdoor pool at my workplace, the Elms Hotel and Spa. They were grilled with asiago and garlic butter and were some serious deliciousness, I gotta tell ya.  These were just one of the tasty delights served up at last night's client event called Intrigue at the Elms. Folks strolled table to table and sampled some of Excelsior's finest goods from Willow Spring Mercantile's decanters of sunny cocktails like the 'Sun' shine martini (made with Missouri moonshine(!), a Missouri Vidal Blanc wine and orange juice below) to Bobkorn's always excellent dark chocolate-drizzled mint popcorn.


 There was much gorgeousness to nosh on and admire and I always enjoy seeing what our culinary wizards create. Nice touches included the red and white sangrias and the infused waters, especially the strawberry-basil.  The cheesecake "mousse" with assorted toppings were a whimsical touch as well.








Illusionist Sean-Paul and medium Juliana had returned to bring a sampling of their Intrigue Theater for the attendees as well. Admittedly though, nothing had me intrigued (and salivating) like the very idea of those oysters grilling behind the Regent ballroom. I got my coworker Melissa go out and sample a couple with me and they were better than I'd even hoped. Kudos to Reo on the grill and the Elms F&B staff who dazzled as per usual!



Comments

Popular Posts