Meat. Fire. Goooood.....




I got to man the grill on Memorial Day and I'm happy to say the end result was delish. Keith usually handles the burgers which we affectionately call the "Kitchen Sink" burgers in reference to the plethora of spice and ingredients we toss in the mix. These were no different. The ground beef got mixed in with an egg and a few crushed saltines for binding, plus some shredded pepper jack and sharp cheddar as well as Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, poultry seasoning, garlic and onion powders and cayenne pepper. We worked some Bobby Flay mojo on the burgers by making a little well in each patty with our thumbs to help it cook more evenly. I melted some muenster cheese over the top and they were AWESOME. I had a blast manning the grill.

We also made what we consider the taste of summer.......Grape tomatoes and cucumbers sliced up and tossed with feta cheese and fresh basil(and sometimes red onion) with balsamic vinegar or a Greek vinaigrette. This reminds me of my Dad's fresh from the garden cucumbers and tomatoes that Mom would mix with onions and apple cider vinegar that remind me of every summer of my childhood. I can NOT wait until we have cucumbers and tomatoes ready in our garden.

Dining outside on a beautiful Memorial Day...grilled burgers, fresh veggies, and,oh,an ice cold Mothership Wit Organic Wheat beer to sip, y'all! What a perfect way to kick off summer.

Comments

  1. Okay....the challenge is ON! Next time you are in St. Mayberry, Kitchen Sink Burgers must be on the menu and you will man the grill. They sound fabulous. I will make sure all ingredients are stocked, we will gather the usual crew and we will feast.

    Kaki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kak, JB would kick my ass from end of the grill to the other..but I do believe you would love these burgers...and the tomato-feta salad as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am soooooo there!!!!! So in the words of my second cousin who is also my nephew and my stepdaddy (hey, we're from WV)...LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I know ya'll couldn't see it but I did a triple flip at the end just like the Iron Chef Dude. HAHAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Secret ingredient is.......so anyway, I am NOT doing a grill battle. So, Creola, keep your kin in the tray-ler.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoo hoo! Let the challenge commence. Kristy....you must do a command performance of you back flip--this time with prom shoes.

    Kaki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes...prom shoes and a lampshade on your head!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ya'll asked for it and I've got it. Let the BATTLE BEGIN. I'll be there in my beautiful prom queen shoes and lampshade which I will have bedazzled by then. You do know I have the AS SEEN ON TV Bedazzler. It will not be your average lampshade. It could never be that. Not for a Pretty Pretty Princess such as myself LOL!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmmmm....let's add some hoecakes to the menu as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've got yer hoecakes buddy. You just wait. Bwuahahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts