The Meal

My eventual goal is do become an instinctual, creative cook like so many of my family and friends. I love watching my friends Kaki and JB debate spices and try out different methods of cooking and grilling. Keith also frequently cooks with just his senses. I can't wait until I get there but for now it's all about the recipes.

The dish was Chicken Piccata Pasta. We had an appetizer of Baked Shrimp Cocktail which was delish. I learned in the cooking of the pasta dish about al dente....which indicates not all of the way done. I also relearned the euphoric smell of garlic and shallots cooking. Multitasking is not usually an issue for me but in the kitchen it takes on a whole new meaning. I've always been endlessly fascinated with the juggling acts the chefs I've worked with have performed.

The end result I'm happy to say was a burst of flavor.....a truly lovely dish. I'm going to include links to all meals I do and when needed simply copy them here.

Again, this was with Keith. The solo efforts are yet to come and may they one day be as creative as Cezanne's apples...

Comments

Popular Posts