No One Can Resist Our Sausage Balls



We hosted a holiday brunch for our dinner party group this morning. It was a much-needed morning of hearty laughter the entire time. First I, then Keith had some seriously boneheaded klutzy moments....I slung an egg, broke a wine glass and practically walked into walls while Keith poured a drink down the front of him and sent holiday tins flying. Our timing was off and we cracked up throughout it all. Part of our uncontrollable laughter was due to our menu...but mostly due to our sophomoric humor.

We had a comforting Praline French Toast Bake and Keith made his first quiche...a delicious Spinach and Bacon Quiche. My friend Linda, recently inspired make a pie a week from scratch, brought two wonderful pies...a chocolate and a lemon meringue. We served these with Mimosas and some Hazelnut coffee. The cause for our juvenile actions though were the Sausage Balls. Our bonified Brunch balls. They were yummy...made with sharp cheddar cheese and Bisquick baking mix. However, in the spirit of the classic Pete Schwetty SNL skit with Alec Baldwin we were constantly dissolving into giggles.

We told our group how we had to constantly massage the balls to get them just right. Soon, people were saying our balls were lovely and in fact, Jane said they were the best balls she'd ever had. This brought up memories of Jane telling us about the Irish setter she used to have and how he had the most beautiful red balls that just swung when he ran and at certain times, would even catch the sunlight. We were nearly under the table heaving with laughter at this point.

Soon, nothing could be told from the classic story of the little Dutch boy to a simple tale of renting a DVD without some risque double entendre. We were purely immature but laughed so hard it sent my mood into the stratosphere.

This brunch was so good even my soul was satisfied.

Comments

  1. Ok I am laughing so hard I can barely comment but despite you I WILL comment. Greg, I have known you for 41 years and I have still never had your balls. Why is that? I thought you were my friend. WAAAAAHHHHH! You have posted one of my all time favorite SNL skits so thank you. All is forgiven. Maybe because I have not had Pete Scweddy's balls either. Perhaps if I had someone...anyone's balls at all I would not desperately comment on your blog. Talk about sophomoric humor. I am the queen of it. YOu know it and you know I could take it to a different level but that would be just un-foodie like and honestly stomach churning. I am so glad that 1) you had a great time preparing your brunch, 2) the brunch actually made it to the table and 3)no one actually died from choking on laughter. I so wish I were there. LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts