Paula and Pumpkins

As for the aforementioned pumpkin cheesecake served at our Barnes and Noble cafe, here it be....We get our cheesecakes from Cheesecake factory and well, it's a little slice of heaven. I do love me some pumpkin. In addition to cheesecake, I love pumpkin pie, pumpkin tarts, pumpkin bread...ok, I'm sliding into Bubba from Forrest Gump territory(fried shrimp, boiled shrimp....). But I digress...

I made an interesting observation today. I compared Barbara Walters with Paula Deen. Now, I'm sure many people would squirm at the idea of making any comparisons between this pioneer of broadcasting with the Queen of Southern Cooking. This week, Ms. Walters was awarded a legend award from ABC News. She has complained about it for two days because she believes the "legend" recognition ages her. Today, Paula was on the View and told Barbara that she reminded her of her mother and her Aunt Peggy, who were two classy women. Ms. Walters curled her upper lip in a look of disgust at the lovely compliment. I suppose Ms. Walters felt Paula's compliment aged her, same as the award. In the meantime, Paula had of course, brought an entire buffet of food to which the rest of the ladies dove into. Mika ( I will not even try to spell her last name ) today's guest host who's originally from the Joe Scarborough show must have been missing some meals cuz she tore into that food with some serious gusto. Ms. Walters, on the other hand, sat prim and still and unmoved and questioned Paula on the accusations that she's fattening the nation. Paula, on the other hand, was cackling and whooping it up(with Whoopi !)with a food item in each hand and nearly flashing her nether regions to the audience in a dress TWICE and clearly having the time of her life as she always does...If she had won a big award or even gotten paid a lovely compliment she probably would have cried tears of joy and gratitude at both.

I am a huge fan of both women.....but it's clear to me who the truly happy, serene and gracious one of the two is. One of the most endearing qualities of Paula Deen is her unending gratitude to her family, God and her customers and fans for everything she has. Go on, girl.

Comments

  1. OK, you are making me want to start a food blog... along with wanting a piece of pumpkin cheesecake. :) I have never been brave enough to make cheesecake, maybe I will in my old age.:)

    Paula Deen is so funny, I love her. I don't cook a lot of her stuff, with having to watch so much of what goes into David's food, her recipes are not the healthiest for him.:)

    You, my friend, have a wonderful, entertaining blog!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts