White Beans Can't Jump








So I tried to make a Tuscan White Bean Dip to take to work today. It had lots of ingredients I love like cumin, fresh lime and some beautiful fresh cilantro. It also had fresh garlic of which I somehow got carried away with. I have read and reread that recipe but I screwed something up because the garlic overpowered everything. I was sweating garlic for hours and the kitchen still reeked of it when Keith got home. Now I love me some garlic but this was crazy garlicky. Back to the drawing board...
My friend and co-worker Melisa did come through with some groovy grub, though. Her hubby Auggie (aka August Wilhelm Sprung-best name ever) made some righteous hummus and even made the wonderful pita bread that accompanied it. I then got to try some of his pesto pasta..also terrific. These two need to have their own culinary operation- STAT.
Random thoughts-
I love when the grocery spots and other foodie operations start decorating for fall and Halloween-like this pumpkin patch at Hen House.
I've also become a big fan of Shatto milk...it's a locally made product and some of the freshest tasting milk around. You gotta love ice cold milk from a glass bottle. I'm not a big milk drinker....but this might turn me into one.

Comments

  1. nice site! thanx for the cudos. now i will try to figure out how to share this with auggie (hope that's ok!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh garlic. Remember the spinach dip at Lena's party back in the day? HAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts