Downtown Bound



It was just ducky to be back 'round the downtown of Excelsior Springs for the first time since my long days away. That and the new sushi bar that opened at my local market made for a couple of delish days.

Hissho sushi has set up shop at the Hen House and so far, I've had the veggie and crunchy rolls and they were yummy. I think the wasabi has actually helped my allergies. I even got Keith to try a veggie roll...and he liked it, he really liked it!


I spent a couple of hours in downtown ES gathering some info to write some press releases for Keith on the Hall of Waters. I stopped to see Ginger at the English Garden and soon she had me sampling pickled quail eggs and candied jalapenos from a vendor of theirs. Enjoyed them both....the eggs were nicely spicy and the jalapenos had a strange but pleasant blend of sweet and heat.

Keith and I had lunch at Ryan's Pizzaria. As it had been forever since I had their grub, I ordered my favorite: cheeseburger calzone. Ground beef, dill pickles, loads of cheese in a soft baked dough...so.so good. We ran into wild Wanda Dusek who is soon on her way to LA and will be attending tapings of the Ellen show and Price of Right. She's pictured with her homemade T-shirt for the POR. I have a feeling she'll be asked to come on down!

Finished up with a stop to see the girls and their goodies at Ooey Gooey chocolates and bought a chocolate covered s'more to take home. God bless 'em, their business has gone through the roof and they are crazy busy!

Have to also mention Ventana Grill who got some great publicity from local KC show Check, Please! The sisters have worked hard to make it the success it's become, so it's great to see them get the kudos...

Great day for ES eats!!

Comments

Popular Posts