Bizarre Day O' Travel













It was a mega-mind mess of a travel day heading back to Kansas City. The road trip back to Columbus Airport was with a foggy-brained Sarah Jane who was recovering from some medical testing. She was accompanied by her friend Bill who could help her with the driving. Bill also happens to have been our former guidance counseler in high school. A tad strange to say the least but soon we were all engaged in a Name That Artist game with the radio. Among the highlights were lunch in the excellent Easton shopping center in Columbus at the Cheesecake Factory as well as a visit to Aveda so SJ could sample their essential oils and I could try some strong organic tea.

The day culminated in two delayed flights and two crowded and overrun airports(Columbus and St. Louis). Some national computer glitch resulted in thousands of cancelled and delayed flights and the scene was crazy and exhausting. The trail mix pictured was my delayed flight snack...

Comments

  1. Oh Dear God. Sarah made you drink the tea at Aveda too? I had it the last time we were there after we dropped you off at the airport. The salesgirls must have either been bored or saw her comin' a mile away. She got the hand massage with their eighty bajillion dollar series of hand massage creams and sampled at least three types of tea, one of which was supposed to be good for your hair. They tried to enlist me but I REFUSED to drink their brand of kool aid. Unless the product can make my hair thick, luxurious and naturally NOT gray...AND unless the product can turn my flaking ashy skin back to "soft as a baby's but with no fine lines or smoker's wrinkles" AND unless the product can promise to rid me of an aching back and increasingly creaky joints then I AIN'T buying. After much politicking on my part as to how I am a tea purist...straight up, no flavorings, sugar, cream, etc and ONLY ONLY BLACK tea.....I did however sample their voodoo potion only to hack like Bill the Cat on a bad acid trip at which point I announced "I told you so" and quietly waited until SJ had decided she had been pampered enough and spent God knows how much money on Aveda "koolaid" to make her life better and richer and more enjoyable. Lastly...cheesecake is ALWAYS good for the body and soul. I will send you my recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts