Goosed in 3-D









Can't figure out the extra dark pic on this page? It's a shot of my movie popcorn. I was apprehensive to use the flash with theft concerns. I know folks who have had their phones confiscated. Movie popcorn...how I love it. This was the generic type with butter but I love how some theaters are adding gourmet toppings like cheddar, Parmesan and hot pepper shake.

The movie was Disney's The Christmas Carol and it was fairly terrific. Jim Carrey was born to play the role. The amazeballs part, though, were the 3-D effects. Wow, we've come a long way from Jaws 3-D. It was so pristine and immersive, it just blew me away. Can I also just say....the animated food actually looked delicious. The movie Ratatouille made animated food look delectable and the Christmas Carol made the Christmas goose Scrooge inevitably brings to Tiny Tim and family look really mouth-watering.

We've had the honor of becoming friends with Charles Dicken's great, great grandson, Gerald. We sent him a message on Facebook to see what he thought of this latest state-of-the-art retelling of the Dickens classic. Should be interesting...

Dinner was at the Agave Mexican restaurant in Parkville. Good Chicken Nachos. Terrific staff making the best of being busy and understaffed. A sense of humor in the food business goes a long way.

Comments

Popular Posts