Blessings are Bountiful




























These are some assorted pics of the dinner with Keith's parents. It was as delicious as ever...the turkey was the best ever. Doing dishes the manual way didn't even hamper the day.

Keith and his dad told a humorous tale of his Mom, Helen, and Keith's Aunt Ruthie making Thanksgiving dinner many moons ago. Apparently, a tad too much wine was consumed and the result was, according to the rest of the family, the best dinner ever. Unfortunately, no one could remember how to recreate it.

How fascinating that tale would prove to be when Keith whispers to me during the prep of the Green Bean Casserole..."I'm HAMMERED..."

He'd had one glass of wine.

"I haven't had lunch!"

Despite his 'inebriation', dinner was magnificent. The country stuffing is Paula Deen's and it's my favorite. The link is here..

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/good-old-country-stuffing-recipe/index.html


And yeah, I threw in a pic of Spiderman at the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.....cause it's Thanksgiving. And it's Spidey. Just sayin'.

Comments

  1. Bullwinkle was always my favorite balloon float during the Macy's parade. The Baldini Bird day was typical as ever. Twas to begin at 5 p.m. Lena and I got there at 4:45 p.m. only to find Sue in a short flannel nightgown and crocs screaming about how the bird was NOT done. More on this when I get the time to write the story but it WAS typical and there IS a story.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts