Winter Whimsy

 

When I started this post, I thought about looking for some favorite photos of summer and warmth to use so that I could utilize them to help further my daily rants on winter.  After all, we here in KC are on the verge of another Friday morning freezing rain extravaganza, so of course, grumble I did as each warning came across my phone.  I decided to challenge myself a bit more though, and post some of the random whimsy and WINTER beauty I have seen during these frigid weeks.  The photo above is the sunrise I found that was referenced in my last post.  The bitter chill seems to ebb in the face of majestic beauty like this, doesn't it?

My commute to work is not a hella good time in the ice and snow and I've slid into the parking lot more than I care to this winter.  However, those brilliant first moments of a fresh undisturbed snow are a thing of quiet wonder.  

Finally, there are just some things that taste better in the winter.  Like this turtle latte from the Mud House in St. Louis.  Or a mint mocha from the Cafe at the Elms.  Served by Nick.  Who might just play you a tune on his guitar while you sip it. Or...

..these warm apple dumplings by Mama.  Mama is my coworker Brenda's mom and she's a master baker of many things.  But these apple dumplings are so good on a cold winter's day that...well, I clearly had several bites before I even remembered to take a photo....
...or maybe a slice of warm crusty artisan bread.....
dipped into some of the Parmesan dipping oil we got from our friend Linda for the holidays.  So good on a cold day.

Ok, I found much to appreciate during these cold days.  I will try to remember them when I'm driving on ice (again) tomorrow morning.  And when I'm counting the days, hours, minutes until the first day of Spring...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts