Blanc Burgers and Bottles









































This place is already one of my new favorites. I had high hopes as all of the reviews have been raves and sure enough, the praise as well-earned. Blanc Burgers and Bottles is a hip gourmet burger palace in Westport. The decor is sleek and stylish. The food was far easier to select than the beverages. Their wine list is large and impressive as is the beer list. They also feature milk shakes either made with Shatto Milk and frozen custard or "grown-up" with different liquors.

Keith got a blueberry soda and I got a Samuel Smith IPA. We ordered cornmeal-dusted calamari fries which we loved. They were served with a yummy lemon-lime aioli dipping sauce. We then split a burger called the American Kobe which featured a Kobe beef burger with port-wine grilled onions, mustard aioli, truffle butter and watercress on a salt and pepper brioche bun. We also shared an order of Boulevard Pale Ale battered onion rings that were served in a cool mini-grocery cart. The rings were perfectly battered and seasoned and served with both a chipotle aioli and a vinegary made-from-scratch ketchup. The burger was melt-in-your-mouth goodness. If I wasn't so overly full, there is so much more I wanted to try. Still, we got some of those chocolate shakes with the Foo's Frozen Custard to go. They were so good I didn't want them to end.

Simply put, I can't wait to go back.

Comments

  1. Greg! Your site looks so lovely! I had no idea that the ketchup at Blanc was homemade. I look forward to reading about all
    your other food adventures!

    <3 Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are two things I have to do whenever I come back to visit the Kansas City area. 1) I have to have too much to drink in Lawrence and embarrass myself in front of my friends. 2) I have to try a new specialty burger, done medium, at Blanc, have too much pale ale, and embarrass myself in front of my friends. I love the Kobe burger!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts