Meal at the Merc













I've mentioned the Willow Spring Mercantile(aka the Merc) in a previous post and today I finally got to experience lunch at the bistro instead of takeout. The bistro is all kinds of charming and owner Daphne's eclectic flourishes are evident in every corner. I met my co-workers Kim and Julie(with Julie's adorable daughter) there. They both sampled some tasty wraps and I ordered the latest incarnation of their fantastic roast beef sandwich which is now on a croissant. As a side, I got some seriously excellent roasted red pepper soup. The soup was packed with flavor and featured some enormous croutons. Once again, check them out at www.shopthemercantile.com. And ask for that roasted red pepper soup when you go in person.

When I got home from work, Keith had fired up the new deep-fryer we bought and also baked some nice shrimp in the oven. So nice to be home before 8 pm on a Friday night. Weddings on the way tomorrow....

Comments

Popular Posts