Pardon My Pesto Pizza
















Those slow-roasted tomatoes and red peppers found their way onto a delicious pesto pizza tonight. The pizza needs a pardon though as I sold it to a couple of friends as being more homemade than it was. We intended to make our own crust and due to time constraints, it didn't happen.

So it's now about an awesome dinner done quickly. We used Mama Mary's gourmet thin pizza crust with honey, Buittoni pesto and shredded Sargento's Bistro Italian blend cheese. We spread the pesto(lots) and the cheese(of course,lots) on the crust along with some crumbled Gorgonzola cheese. Now, I have to say I'm not a big fan of bleu cheese as it's a tad too pungent for me. I've tried several dishes with bleu cheese and it always seems to overpower everything else in the dish. Keith loves it, though so we went for it. Topped them off with those slow-roasted veggies and in the oven for 15 minutes at 425.

That pizza was totally excellent. The tomatoes and peppers set it off and the Gorgonzola was subtle. Next time we'll go for the homemade angle.

The autumn colors are goin' out in a blaze of glory....

Comments

  1. I love the mellow base flavors of a pesto pizza. In a former life however, I worked with some would be "pizza chef" who managed to over season everything with everything basil to dill weed. Something as simple and yummy-looking as this would shame him, and make my tummy happy! (Also, don't fear the bleu cheese! It just has to be part of a dish with other strong flavors!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thin crust sounds good. Where do you find it at?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts