A New Week, A New Healthier Dish


Another work week brings another search for a healthy casserole that I can eat on all week.  Once again, the dish needs to work as a healthier work option (one that won't have me snoozing at my desk) and hopefully utilize some stuff I've got here; ignored in the dark recesses of my pantry.  This week's winnah winnah, chicken dinnah was a Mexican Chicken Casserole found originally on a Healthy Casseroles Pinterest page and traced here to MyRecipes.com and just happens to be one of their most highly-rated recipes. That should work.



The dish has got heat which makes me happy, but I had to switch out the heat source. Green chilies clash with the K-Man, so I switched them out for cans of diced jalapenos which worked fine.  Those jalapenos and the chicken were all we had to buy; the rest was already here.  The end result was cheesy, spicy goodness that paired nicely with a chilled glass of Old Speckled Hen ale.



 There are two things one could do to differ from the recipe...put the crushed tortilla chips on after baking and they might be crispier...and while I was content with the spice level 'cause I like it hot, but those with less heat tolerance may prefer to use only one can of chilies/jalapenos.


MyRecipes.com is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates.  For more information about creating a healthier plate, visit.www.chooseaplate.com.

Comments

Popular Posts