Spicy Highlights: Buffalo Flatbread and Sriracha Peas


It was a long day of meetings and more meetings but there were a few spicy highlights during the day.  The first one is a new menu item at our beloved Excelsior Springs eatery Willow Springs Mercantile.   Proprietors Daphne and Jim recently added flatbread pizza appetizers to their menu and what my coworkers and I have sampled thus far are all stellar.  We have thoroughly enjoyed the Margherita with fresh pesto, parmesan, mozzarella, red onion and spinach and the bacon, pear and gorgonzola with chipotle apricot base and red onion.  I likes me some spicy though and so my faves thus far are the Thai flatbread with chicken, peanut sauce, Thai dressing, feta, almonds, carrots, spinach and red onion and the Buffalo flatbread with spicy buffalo sauce, homemade pimento cheese, red onion and bacon.  These flatbreads are an awesome addition to an already cherished menu.  So go on and check out the great new flatbread pizzas at the Merc!

I stumbled on another spicy treasure that my coworkers turned me on to: Sriracha Peas by Hapi.  These are a seriously addictive spicy snack and are one my newest additions.  I didn't think anything could beat Hapi's wasabi peas but these bad boys are a serious contender.



Nothing can cut through a gloomy gray day and color my world like some spicy goodness.

Comments

Popular Posts