The Bright Brunch Spot In the Wintry Gloom

I was Manager on Duty at the hotel today and it was a lively morning to say the least.  The highlight was our inviting Sunday Brunch that I shared with friends and clients.  I wasn't looking for an abundance of sustenance after my caloric overload yesterday, but there were several delectable bites I sampled today: fresh greens with a stellar mustard vinaigrette (a vinaigrette that I enjoyed so much I'm chasing the chef for the recipe), plump and tasty tortellini salad, sauteed green beans, assorted cheeses and smoked salmon with capers.

 There was also pork tenderloin, cheesy pasta, a prime rib carving station and a full array of breakfast items, including biscuits and gravy available.


We didn't manage to completely avoid the dessert table, alas.
The sumptuous bread pudding with rum and butterscotch demanded to be tasted, so I managed a couple of bites of that wonderfully sinful stuff with a side of fresh pineapple and berries.



 The girls sipped Mimosas with their meals, and in fact, the hotel was awash in Mimosas it seemed.   The Spa was also serving them up with chocolate-covered strawberries downstairs.



These sunset-hued brunch cocktails stood out in sharp contrast to the blowing snow, falling temps and crystalline icicles outside.  My bet is the Sriracha-laced Bloody Marys that Zane was whipping up were also helping guests warm up from the cold as well.  Sunday Brunch at The Elms Hotel and Spa...it's a tasty oasis in these bitter winter days.

Comments

Popular Posts