Trivialized



My evening was so very trivial and glad I was for that.  My brain was properly toasty by day's end and in certainly no fit shape to take on the night's trivia challenge to benefit the Rotary Club and Parks and Recreation Foundation for Excelsior Springs.  Thank goodness for smart teammates; especially the always brilliant Jim Schutte who was big-time aces on the match.  Keith was one of the hosts as the Rotary prez and anyone who might have thought I had an edge would have clearly realized I had no leg up at all when our team scored a whopping 3 out of 10 points on the FOOD category.  Seriously, thanks to Jim, we ended up in second place, because I was no help at all.


Oh well, I enjoyed the spicy homemade chili, the cold, malty Crown Valley Big Bison Ales from the good folks at the Merc and the always delightful Posse company.  I was also a big fan of the fabulous last place team from Lewis Elementary.  They were great sports and looked like they had a great time.  Cheers also to the grand prize winners who donated their winnings back to the Parks and Rec Foundation and the Rotary Club.

Kudos to all you good-hearted trivial folk!

Comments

  1. Ah, trivia games...we have loved them from there inception. Sometimes you're the windshield. Sometimes you're the bug. It's the luck of the draw. Good on ya! ~ Kristy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts