Throwback Thursday (And A New Challenge)


This year is set to be a memorable one.  I'm continuing to look toward a brighter...and warmer...future and some unique ways to mark some milestones.  Our last 5k, the Groundhog Run, was the precursor to a year-long dedication toward running achievement for Keith and I.  We are setting up our next 5k with an eye toward a 10k over the summer.  The end goal is a half-marathon in November.  It's how we are reaching the goal that's the kicker...


The half-marathon we are training for is the Disney Wine and Dine Half-Marathon.  It will be a 13.1 mile course through three Disney parks...at 10 pm at night.  Once one reaches the end of the race (God and my body willing), one ends up at the Finish Line party at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival. I have of course, many concerns, not the least is training for an evening race like this and my old, wretched behind finishing at all.  However, let's face it...if anything would get me to the finish line, its the promise of a food and wine fest at the end.


This is more than merely a unique destination. I will be in the early months of a milestone age at that point, so its a bit of a personal, defiant challenge to myself.  Also, Disney World is one of mine and Keith's favorite places on Earth for many reasons.  It was after all, the site of our first date.  This November, when we run the race, will mark the 15th anniversary of that very special occasion.




So we look ahead by looking back at our last trip to Disney with Keith's family.  The next trip has all the makings of a wonderful experience.  And when I run that half-marathon, I'll be humming....

When you wish upon a star....

.....wish that my knees hold out until the finish line.

 

Comments

  1. This is AWESOME!!! You are my hero for more reasons than I can count. These pics are fantastic too! Love you both bunches! ~Kristy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts